e-PATTERNS: E-learning platform for up-skilling in fund-raising practice, financial digital literacy in NGO management
- Olemisen Balanssia ry, Finland
- Polygonal, Italy
- Center for Competence Development Cyprus (COMCY), Cyprus
- p-consulting.gr, Greece
- Associació de Programes Educatius OpenEurope, Spain
Small nonprofits in Europe face real financial sustainability issues and shrinking government support. e-PATTERNS aims to be a very practical project. It is true that there are many fundraising courses and educational activities done by universities or accredited institutions – and that is also part of the problem. However, we face a reality where there are many problems and as small non-governmental organisations we have the concrete issue to have the financial capacity to access those courses or to keep our personnel away to do that training. Fund-raising is more than just searching for money! It requires a broad approach and knowledge in entrepreneurial techniques, financial analysis, digital knowledge and branding are required for social projects.
- Τrain low-skilled adults and develop their competences in ﬁnancial literacy/fund-raising through simpliﬁed ICT tools.
- Support local projects incubating them through fund-raising preparatory actions (or through crowd-funding, partnership building, budget planning etc.) during the project enhancing the impact of NGOs.
- Create a web-platform hosting an interactive online step-by-step web tool to guide target group users in learn ﬁnancial basics to make a fund-raise plan.
- Deﬁne/develop a self-assessment tool for digitization of NGOs, in order to deﬁne areas of work and training patterns within organizations.
- An innovative, comprehensive and simpliﬁed step-by-step web-programme (OER) for fund-raising issues and strategies for cultural organizations and practitioners.
- An analytical tool, for cult-raisers and new practitioners, implemented in a web-platform supporting through e-community tools. It will provide learning modules, a network of exchange for newcomers about fund-raising.
- A strategy -and action- oriented training develop expertise and awareness about fund-raising among adult workers and to train adults in ﬁnancial literacy.
- A ﬁnal agenda to empower target groups have an impact at local level and spread the need for change in NGO work.